The technology known as Cryolipolysis cools adipose tissue in a non-invasive manner so that lipolysis is induced.
This breaks down fat cells and reduces the fat in the body and doesn’t damage the other tissue in the body.
Background and Objectives on Cryolysis
The principles, of cryolipolysis, were discovered by Dr. Anderson and Dr Manstein, both of the Wellman Center for Photomedicine in Boston.
The doctors and the team did research and found out that under controlled conditions, fat cells under the skin are a lot more vulnerable to cold than the tissue around them.
- Exposing fat cells to cooling by way of energy extraction causes apoptosis, which is a controlled, natural cell death. This leads to cytokines and other types of inflammatory mediators which will eliminate the cells that are affected eventually.
- The affected cells are gradually digested by the inflammatory cells months following the procedure, which reduces the layer of the fat.
- Lipids from those fat cells are released slowly and then are transported by the person’s lymphatic system so that they are processed and then eliminated, just like the fat that comes from food.
Based on the findings from their research, the investigators came to the conclusion that they can use cooling to reduce fat and remove fat without damaging the skin that is over top of the fat. This discovery was named selective Cryolipolysis and it was the reason behind the technology of the procedure known as CoolSculpting Cryolipolysis.
How Fat Reduction Through Non-Invasive Cryolipolysis Works
There are some fat cells exercise and diet won’t touch.
- These are the fat cells that are targeted and cooled by CoolSculpting Cryolipolysis. The cells are cooled to temperatures which will trigger apoptosis.
- There isn’t any damage to tissues such as nerves since the lipids inside fat crystalize at warmer temperatures compared to water in other kinds of tissues.
- After treatments, the fat cell will enter their death sequence and then will be removed gradually by your immune system in the following months.
- The layer of fat reduces significantly.
- The reduction of fat layers in the target area leads to an improvement in your overall appearance.
If you are having trouble with stubborn fat in areas, you might benefit from CoolSculpting Cryolipolysis. Look into the benefits and see what it can do for you. It could just change your life.
Questions about CoolSculpting?
Let Pura Vida Medical Spa help you reach your body sculpting goals. Call us at 239-919-7872 and schedule a free CoolSculpting consultation. On the web, visit puravidanaples.com to learn more about us and our med spa services.
We are conveniently located in Downtown Naples on Fifth Avenue South with ample free parking nearby. After (or before your appointment) visit some of the nearby great restaurants and shopping in our neighborhood.
* Reference articles: